|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 21 March.
- Battalion remains in Nesle. Working parties on the roads and bridges that were destroyed by enemy. Craters on cross roads are filled in.
- Battalion situated in the line. Day is quiet except for gas bombardment of back areas.
- Lonsdales are relieved in the line by the 15th Highland Light Infantry, which completes by 10.30pm, then they march to 'Canal Bank.' Brigade moves into Divisional Reserve.
- Raiders under 2nd Lieut. J.R. McDonald M.C., rejoins rest of Battalion.
- Deaths: Sydney Bishopbrigg (19626 Pte.)
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, March 1916
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, March 1917
- 11th Battalion War Diary, March 1918
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.