Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 6 March.
- General Equipment Indent: 600 rifles, 600 sword bayonets, 600 sword scabbards.
- R. Rumney (13845) and J. Hewitt (13632) of C Company are detained at Stafford Barracks.
- Battalion the front in the E1 sector near Hénencourt.
- Day very quiet owing to bad weather of snow, frost and thaw alternating. Trenches falling in and very wet.
- Battalion situated opposite Fouquescourt in the front line system. Patrols are sent out and clearing of trenches carries on.
- Battalion situated in the line near Charpentier. Quiet except for artillery on main line posts. No movement possible in front area by day.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.