|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 17 March.
- Enlistments to E Company: John Hill (19438) and F.W. Hodgson (19439).
- Forfeiture of pay: G. Fawcett (15417).
- Battalion relieves the 17th Highland Light Infantry in the E1 sector near Hénencourt.
- One other rank is wounded.
- Battalion situated at Le Quesnel in Brigade Reserve. Retirement of German Army; the Division moves forward and the Lonsdales parade in fighting order, marching to Rouvroy and remaining there for the night.
- Battalion situated in Brigade Reserve. Men resting by day and preparing to move forward into the line again.
- Four officers and 60 other ranks are chosen to carry out a future raid. This detail moves to 'Abri Wood' at 8pm.
- The Lonsdales relieve the 10th Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders; relief completes at 11.15pm. Raiding Officers patrol over the area to be covered by the raiders.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.