|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 2 March.
- Letter from Charles Thurnam & Sons, printers in Carlisle and publisher of The Lonsdale Battalion Border Regiment, September 1914 to June 1915, asks for the return of their loaned typewriter unless the Battalion wishes to purchase it.
- Battalion Orders: “A drying-room having been provided for each Company, O.C. Companies will see that this is accessible to their men at all times and that suitable fires are maintained as required.” 
- “The Officers commanding B and C Companies will satisfy themselves that all ranks know how to act promptly in case of fire. The occupants of the hut in which a fire has occurred will endeavour to isolate the actual fire and to extinguish it by means of blankets and water. The occupants of the adjacent huts down wind instantly endeavouring to protect them by setting up sufficient numbers of screens to windward.” 
- The following are appointed as Lance Corporal:
- S. Bacon (15492) of D Company
- R.V. Burns (16444) of D Company
- G. Davidson (16430) of D Company
- J.W. Dunstan (13916) of D Company
- A. Ewan (15438) of C Company
- R.B. Maynard (16340) of C Company
- R. Skelton (16439) D Company
- I.S. Smith (16395) of D Company
- Battalion situated at camp near Woesten. Same as yesterday, training from 9am-12.30pm. Advance parties leave for trenches. Officers conferences.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/48
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/136
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/137
- The 97th Brigade takes over from the 14th Brigade.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, March 1916
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, March 1917
- 11th Battalion War Diary, March 1918