events that took place on 15 March
For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:15 March.
- Weekly routine of training for D Company.
- Forfeiture of pay for absence: H. McIntosh (16266), W. Kelton (13816) and J. Winter (13817).
- Le Quesnel: Involved in supplying working parties. Day spent generally cleaning up.
- Situated in Brigade Reserve. Two companies bathe during afternoon with two companies working in Army Zone.
- Working parties are cancelled due to heavy bombardment at 9pm.
- An S.O.S. is put up near 'Colombo Ho' and the men stand-to in readiness. This precaution is cancelled at 10.05pm.
- ↑ Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/47
- ↑ Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/137
Various sources contemporary to the war have been used to compile The Lonsdale Battalion On This Day
. The majority of the events shown on this day (15 March), including any supplementary notes, enlistments and statistical data etc., have been primarily sourced from the Lonsdale Battalion War Diary
(November 1915 to June 1918), Record of the XIth (Service) Battalion (Lonsdale)
and abridged material from Timeline and Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915)
, which are sourced from the original DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives
. Events from that chronology are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther (2016). They are identified and referenced separately by their unique DLONS numbers. Please do not publish these events without prior permission from the Lowther Estate. All casualty names, numbers, ranks, date of deaths and places of burial/commemoration have been sourced from Soldiers Died in the Great War 1914-19, Volume 39, The Border Regiment
and the Commonwealth War Graves Commission