|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 27 March.
- Annual stock take of the Quartermasters Store.
- “All men who after Medical examination are found permanently unfit for service abroad, but fit for home service will be posted to Depot Company.” 
- At the miniature firing range Companies are to finish their Snapshooting Practice and, if possible, complete the timed application.
- Following 26 discharges the previous day, 65 privates are transferred from E Company to A, C and D Companies.
- Battalion situated at Nesle supplying working parties to the Royal Engineers on roads and bridges.
- The Lonsdales rest during the morning then practice attack in afternoon. In the evening they march to Ransart where they rest in a sunken road until morning.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/136
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/135
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/137
- 11th Battalion War Diary, March 1916
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, March 1917
- 11th Battalion War Diary, March 1918