|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 8 March.
- Tender from John Hewitson, St. Nicholas slate works: “to point up and repair to prevent snow etc. drifting on to the beds at the above [racing stables] so help to make the place more comfortable for the sum of three pounds.” 
- Battalion Orders: “All Officers, N.C. Officers and men who have not been vaccinated will parade for vaccination tomorrow.” 
- Promotions to Sergeant: H. Davies (13642) and J.W. Gibbons (13915) of D Company.
- Transfers: Acting CSM R. Oliver (13245) transfers from D to E Company.
- Punishments and forfeiture of pay:
- J. Birkett (13910) of B Company
- T. Cape (13873) of D Company
- W. Johnstone (15311) of B Company
- J.W. Kendall (16355) of D Company
- J. Smith (15385) B Company
- T. Richardson (13908) of B Company
- T.W. Watters (13351)
- Battalion situated opposite Fouquescourt in the front line system. They are relieved by 17th Highland Light Infantry and withdraw to 'Kuropatkin' as Support.
- Battalion situated in the line. At 8am the men stood-to as a result of a raid on the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders about 'Owls Wood'. 2 Companies move to Widjendrift Road, but precaution is cancelled at 4pm and preparations are made to move forward on the 9 March.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.