Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:26 June.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 26 June.
- Battalion situated at Authuille Sector. Continuous bombardment by both sides. Releases gas at 2:30pm with apparent success.
- 2nd KOYLI commences to relieve Lonsdales at 9:30pm; relief completes at 12:40am on 27 June.
- "Relieved to-night by K.O.Y.L.I. Continuous bombardment by both sides. We go out for a day or two’s rest preparation, into a lot of dug-outs under a big bank close behind. The locum tenens doctor is astonished at the efficiency of our stretcher-bearers, who, he says, are as capable as they are devoted; say he never has to undo anything. We certainly owe a great deal to S__ and to Kirkwood. Quite a few casualties to-day, very strenuous." – Lt-Col. P. W. Machell 
- 2 other ranks killed, 30 wounded and 9 with shell shock.
- Battalion situated at Ooste-Dunkerque, moves from Camp Riballet to New Trench & parade at 8:30pm.
- Battalion training continues at Doullens; weather good.
|References & Notes|