|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 3 February.
- Order from the Quartermaster: “All latrine buckets, or urine tubs used in barrack rooms for coke, to be returned to the Quartermaster’s store at once. Coke scuttles will be issued on requisition, one per barrack room.” 
- Letter from 'An Old Soldier & Reservist' Langdale: “Just a line regarding the Langdale Recruits that have been on leave this week-end. Most of the men are married men with wives & large families & they have all sacrificed good homes & good situations. The men, no doubt would be very glad to see their homes again, but we think you have done them a great injustice by inflicting punishment in not returning on Friday. The weather was abominable & I suppose you do not consider the distance they have to walk to Windermere 10 miles through rain & snow, ... We think you might consider their cases & extend their leave until Monday hoping you will look on their cases.” 
- Equipment: O.C. Companies will arrange to issue their equipment, as received from the Quatrermaster, & have each NCO & man properly fitted.
- Promotion to Sergeant: William Dodds (13271 Sgt.) of B Company.
- Promotion to Corporal: J. Ruddick (13745) of B Company.
- Forfeiture of pay for absence: F. Dixon (15498), J. McGee (13657).
- Discharge on medical grounds: H. Graham (16265).
- Battalion receives orders to move to Lytham Camp near Beaussart.
- Deaths: Thomas William Clucas (28022 Pte.) and Frank Heywood (33553 Pte.)
- Battalion situated in Boezinge - Bosinge Camp - where they have a church parade and baths for ½ of the men.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/75
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/29
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/135
- Fatigue duty is the employment of manual labour assigned to military men that does not necessitate the use of weaponry.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, February 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, February 1917
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, February 1918