|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 17 February.
- Letter to Lt-Col. Machell: “The Brigadier-General desires me to notify you of his satisfaction with his inspection of your Battalion yesterday. He was struck by the intelligent interest shown by Officers and men in the work they were performing and considers that the training is proceeding on sound lines in every branch. The appearance and bearing of the Battalion merit commendation.” 
- Battalion Orders: “On Saturdays the Canteen will be open for the sale of intoxicating liquors from 2pm till 9.15pm.” 
- Discharge on medical grounds: J. Walker (13477) and A. Reed (13209) of C Company.
- 2nd Inniskilling Fusiliers relieve the Lonsdales in Albert. The Battalion billets in huts in Hénencourt Wood.
- Battalion remains in huts at Acheux.
- Battalion situated in the field. By night all Companies are working in forward area under CRE (Commander Royal Engineers) with the exception of 50 men of C Company who volunteer for raid on night 18 February.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/120
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/136
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/135
- At the same time the 96th Brigade relieves the 97th Brigade, to which the Lonsdales belonged.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, February 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, February 1917
- 11th Battalion War Diary, February 1918