|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 6 February.
- Enlistment to E Company: James Steel (17573).
- In the F1 sector near Aveluy. One other rank is wounded, one is suffering from shell shock.
- Battalion situated at Lytham Camp near Beaussart. Practice 'stunt' in morning.
- Commanding Officer takes all Officers & Platoon Commanders up to the front line, explaining to each the way the direction and place the Battalion will attack from. The jumping off tape is also laid.
- Battalion is situated in the front line. Enemy more active with artillery and machine guns.
- 'C' Company relieves left Company of 2nd King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.