|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 12 February.
- Physical training inspection - expresses satisfaction: “....far better than any other Battalion....” 
- Memo from Major Binning: “Alterations at Stables: 1. Make boxes 59 and 60 into a Detention Room for 8 prisoners....and fitting up with Guard Room beds. 2. Transfer stove and fittings from present Harness Room....provide 6 extra saddle racks, 2 extra saddle horses....there is ample accommodation in the compartments on either side....for 55 transport horses. 3. Transfer the men occupying box 53 to empty boxes which can be made fit for use by boarding up (with cavity) the back walls which are now damp.” 
- Details: “The Battalion will parade as strong as possible at 11-15 a.m. and at 2-15 pm. on Monday. The buglers and Drummers will attend both occasions and Staff and Battalion Transport will attend the 2-15 p.m. parade. Rifles will be carried by leading Platoons and by the right half of the second Platoons of Companies. Platoons will be equalised. The Recruits will fall in separately as directed for the General’s Inspection. There will be no Miniature Practice on the range on Saturday and on Monday. The Parade will be dismissed early on Monday afternoon and O.C. Companies will arrange to have their lines thoroughly cleaned in preparation for the Brigadier on Tuesday.” 
- 2nd Lieut. B.C. Harrison of B Company and Sergeant W. Stephens (13641) of D Company are selected to attend a Course assembling at the School of Musketry, Altcar [training camp]” 
- A football match will take place at Greysouthern tomorrow - Saturday, 13 February.
- The Lonsdales are relieved by the 16th Highland Light Infantry. Relief is complete at 4am and the men withdraw to dug-outs at Station Road, Beaumont Hamel and in the 'Y Ravine'.
- Deaths: Christopher Barnett (24715 L/Cpl.)
- Same as 11 February. Companies working round the Het Sas area, billets are improved. Lewis Gunners, signallers and observers are on specialist training.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/81
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/54
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/131
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/136
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, February 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, February 1917
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, February 1918