|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 9 February.
- Equipment: “NCO’s and men of Companies in possession of equipment will wear waisbelts, entrenching tool & helve, frogs & one pouch on right-hand side, I.E. “Drill Order”, on all duties except when specially ordered to approach in “Marching Order” or otherwise. Guards invariably mount in “Marching Order” the equipment being worn over the greatcoat in inclement weather and as soon as they have mounted they will change from “Marching Order” to “Drill Order”, sentries being relieved for this purpose. The old guard including sentries will await the arrival of the new guard in “Marching Order.” NCO’s and men on Orderly Duty will wear belts and bayonets.” 
- Forfeiture of pay for absence: F. Gunnion (15446), W. Johnstone (15311) and W. Steel (15530).
- Punishment in detention: J. Hewitt (136223) of C Company and W. Johnstone (15311) of B Company.
- G. Lennon (15270) of B Company is reverted to the ranks.
- In the F1 sector near Aveluy. Heavy bombardments on the left of the F1 and F2 sub sectors.
- Casualties: One other rank is killed, another is wounded.
- Deaths: William Arthur Fell (17355 L/Cpl.)
- Battalion situated at Lytham Camp near Beaussart. Day spent making necessary preparations for an attack, re-equipping, drawing of bombs etc.
- Operation orders are read and discussed to Company Commanders and Officers.
- Battalion situated in the field. Billets are scattered and HQ located at Boche X Roads. The day spent in cleaning up. A large draft of officers and other ranks join from the 6th Border Regiment.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.