Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:28 July.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 28 July.
- Battalion marches to point J.6.a.7.7. for inspection by Gen. Monro, commanding 1st Army.
- The 14th & 97th Brigades on parade in marching order.
- The Lonsdales are congratulated by the Army Commander on its smart appearance and steadiness on parade.
- The Battalion marches back to billets in Bethune.
- Battalion situated at Coxyde. 2 Companies on working party during day; 2 Coys on working party during the night.
- No war diary event for this day. Most likely to be situated at Abancourt involved in training.
|References & Notes|