Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:7 July.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 7 July.
- Newspaper article: War Items - Colonel Machell Killed & Batch of Wounded.
- Newspaper article: Wounded Three Times - Ran with Bombs.
- Battalion reorganising into two companies in Contay Wood. Battalion strength is 11 officers and 480 other ranks.
- Battalion situated at Nieuport. Slight shelling of our area up to 10am.
- Enemy aerial activity in early hours of morning.
- Shelling slightly heavier during afternoon and evening with several casualties. About five 8" shells per minute. Night much quieter.
- Battalion training continues with 1st Battalion 130th Infantry Regiment (USA) at Ailly-le-Haut-Clocher.
|References & Notes|