Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:8 July.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 8 July.
- Battalion marches to Senlis and takes over billets.
- Capt. Palmer of 2nd KOYLI takes over command from Lt. Welsh. 2nd Lieut. Brown of 17th Highland Light Infantry is attached to battalion.
- Newspaper articles Killed - Pte. James Diamond, Local Casualties - Cpl. J. Mewhorter and More Wounded are published.
- Battalion situated at Nieuport; moves into line at 9:30pm to relieve 17th Highland Light Infantry. Relief is complete at 11pm. Night quiet.
- Deaths: Percy Crompton (33550 Pte.) / Robert Pollard (33359)
- Battalion training continues with 1st Battalion 130th Infantry Regiment (USA) at Ailly-le-Haut-Clocher.
|References & Notes|