Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 8 July.
- Battalion marches to Senlis and takes over billets.
- Capt. Palmer of 2nd KOYLI takes over command from Lt. Welsh. 2nd Lieut. Brown of 17th Highland Light Infantry is attached to battalion.
- Newspaper article: Killed - Pte. James Diamond.
- Newspaper article: Local Casualties - Cpl. J. Mewhorter.
- Newspaper article: More Wounded.
- Battalion situated at Nieuport; moves into line at 9:30pm to relieve 17th Highland Light Infantry. Relief is complete at 11pm. Night quiet.
- Battalion training continues with 1st Battalion 130th Infantry Regiment (USA) at Ailly-le-Haut-Clocher.
|References & Notes|