Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:13 July.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 13 July.
- Battalion finds fatigues for the line near Crucifix Corner.
- Battalion chaplain Rev. A.J.W. Crosse writes to McKegg family on the loss of their son:
“It grieves me sorely to have to write and tell you that your dear boy was killed in action during the great attack last week. I wish I could give you some particulars, but all I know is he did his duty bravely, and you my well be proud of him. He was reverently buried near the trenches, and I can promise you his grave will be lovingly cared for. May God help you in your sorrow.
- Battalion in rest at Coxyde. Ordered to stand to at 10.30pm.
- Battalion training continues with 1st Battalion 130th Infantry Regiment (USA) at Ailly-le-Haut-Clocher.
|References & Notes|