Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 6 July.
- Battalion reorganising into two Companies in Contay Wood. Battalion strength is 11 officers and 480 other ranks.
- Newspaper article: Killed - Pte. James B. Simpson.
- Battalion situated at Nieuport. 2nd Lieut. Bishop is killed in working party about midnight 5th/ 6th by indirect MG fire.
- Back areas are under heavy shelling during morning and afternoon with 8" Naval Shells.
- Retaliation from our field guns and heavies on M18.a. and enemy aeroplanes are active overhead.
- Training continues for 11th Border Regiment with 1st Battalion 130th Infantry Regiment (USA) at Ailly-le-Haut-Clocher.