Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 13 August.
- Day is generally quiet. At 4:30am a bombing group in no.1 sap hears movement south of the sap when 6 men (Germans) appear.
- One of the enemy throws a bomb amongst our men who at once reply driving the enemy away.
- At 5:00pm the enemy explodes a mine near the 'Hohenzollern Redoubt'.
- At 7:30pm the Officer Commanding the King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry visits Battalion HQ.
- Battalion spends the day cleaning up billets at Ooste Dunkerque. Inspection by the Deputy Assistant Director Medical Services.