Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:23 August.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 23 August.
- The Commanding Officer and Company Commanders leave Bethune at 10:00am to inspect trenches in the Hulluch Sector.
- The Battalion leaves Bethune at 12 noon to take over billets at Philosophe from the Royal Dublin Fusiliers.
- The men get the opportunity to bathe.
- Five officers return from Divisional School.
- Trench strength at 305 other ranks and 15 officers.
- 'A' and 'C Companies practice 'Rapid Consolidation'; 'B' and 'D' Companies in musketry and firing. Sports in the afternoon.