Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:6 August.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 6 August.
- Field Marshal Earl Kitchener's plan to increase the ranks of the Regular Army with volunteers is approved by Parliament to an of increase of 500,000 men.
- The Lonsdales spend the day improving trenches etc. in the Cambrin Sector.
- Artillery on both sides are quiet but aeroplanes are continually observing over the German lines.
- Hostile aeroplanes make several attempts to cross our lines but are quickly driven back by our artillery.
- The Commanding Officer visits 'Sims Keep' and 'Arthur's Keep' at 10pm and finds both in good order.
- Machine guns on both sides are very active; enemy trench mortars are active along our line doing no material damage; our TM's reply effectively.
- Battalion involved in training at Coxyde under Company arrangements.