Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 18 August.
- Newspaper article: Wounded Workington Men.
- Battalion situated in the Cambrin Sector, front line trenches.
- General Staff Officers visit Battalion HQ in the morning.
- Very quiet along whole sector during the morning; (hostile) trench mortars are active in the afternoon and evening.
- The Commanding Officer visits front line trenches in the right sub-sector at 8:45pm; returns 11:30pm.
- Battalion moves to Ghyvelde at 9:00am.