Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:22 August.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 22 August.
- Battalion remains in billets at Bethune where there is a kit inspection by Company Commanders.
- 2nd Lieut. Allcroft returns to Battalion for Lewis gun Course.
- Battalion involved in training for the 32nd Division Attack Scheme in the morning. Sports training in the afternoon.
- The British attack between the Ancre and the Somme, and re-takes Albert after the Germans captured it on 27 March.