Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:8 August.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 8 August.
- Field-Marshal Lord Kitchener calls for 100,000 men to help expand the British Armies in a fight against a formidable enemy.
- Battalion situated in the Cambrin Sector.
- Four Officers commanding the Battalions in the 96th Infantry Brigade visit Lonsdale Battalion H.Q. They called for the purpose of getting information of the trenches which they are to take over.
- The British Fourth Army and the French Third Army attack the village of Albert with tanks under Sir Douglas Haig. The Germans are completely surprised as the Allies break through the lines taking thousands of prisoners and hundreds of guns.