Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:7 August.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 7 August.
- The Corps Commander G.S.O. and C.R.E. of 32nd Division visited Battalion H.Q. during morning.
- At 2pm the Commanding Officer visited the right of the sub-sector (portion of line Battalion takes over).
- In 'High Street' trench, enemy trench mortars are active; there is no retaliation from our guns.
- At 8pm the engineers explode a mine in the left sub-sector, there is considerable artillery activity for about an hour.
- Battalion involved in training at Coxyde under Company Arrangements.
- Sea bathing in the afternoon.