Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 19 August.
- Battalion situated in the Cambrin Sector, front line trenches.
- The Lonsdale have a comparatively quiet day; Royal Engineers and Artillery Officers visit Battalion HQ during morning.
- The Commanding Officer visits the right sub-sector (trenches) at 9:15pm and returns 10:15pm.
- Weather is wet and the trenches are in bad condition.
- Deaths: John William Glendinning (17538 Pte.).
- Battalion situated at Ghyvelde has church parade at 10:00am and later, recreations etc.
- Deaths: Hamilton V. Harding (17465 CSM).