Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:24 August.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 24 August.
- Battalion leaves Philosophe at 11:00am for support trenches in Hulluch Sector relieving the Royal Irish Rifles; relief is complete at 1:30pm.
- Allied aeroplanes very active during afternoon and evening over German lines.
- Trench strength at 15 officers and 305 other ranks.
- 'B' and 'D' Companies practice 'Rapid Consolidation'; 'A' and 'C' Companies in musketry and firing. Sports in the afternoon.