Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 26 August.
- Battalion situated in the Hulluch Sector. At 10:30am the Commanding Officer visits the 17th Highland Light Infantry Battalion HQ.
- At 2:00pm the Commanding Officer visits the front line trenches which will be taken over by the Battalion on 28 August. Day very quiet.
- Deaths: Oswald Dixon (15117 Pte.).
- The Lonsdales bathe at Divisional baths - Pont de Ghyvelde.
- Major T.F. Tweed takes over command of the Battalion.