|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 2 January.
- Battalion Order: “C Coy will arrive at Carlisle by special train....The O.C. A Coy will detail one officer, one A.C.O. & 8 men to meet the Coy with the Battalion Transport Cart, and 3 farm carts....The Buglers & Drummers will attend.” 
- Strength: Privates Ernest Hymes (17418) and Thomas Smith (17419) are posted to E. Company.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/135
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/136
- Fatigue duty is the employment of manual labour assigned to military men that does not necessitate the use of weaponry.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1916
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1917
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1918