|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 16 January.
- Garrard & Co, Crown Jewellers to Lord Lonsdale: “We have this afternoon forwarded to Lt-Col. Machell 650 of the silver regimental badges, we have made to your esteemed instructions.” 
- Letter to Major Binning regarding the water Supply to Blackhall: “We....find that to deliver the quantity of water required, a larger Plant and Pipe will be required to meet your requirements. We propose to fix a 30 feet Tower....this will give you a daily average of 4500 gallons. The water from the Council’s main will be delivered into a 550 gallon Tank.” 
- Transfers: J. Wheatman (13427) from C Company to E Company.
- Discharges: T. Stewart (15429) of C Company.
- Enlistments to E Company: William Forsyth (17520)
- Battalion situated at Tournehem. Parading on 'B' Range and carrying out firing practices.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/279
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/53
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/135
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1916
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1917
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1918