|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 9 January.
- General Equipment Indent: 81 Infantry whistles.
- Copy letter from Lt-Col. Machell to 124th Infantry Brigade: “Recruits are now coming in well, and my experience of closing recruiting in November showed me that, once it is announced that recruiting is closed, it is by no means easy to begin again. I strongly recommend I may be authorised forthwith to proceed with the formation of the 6th (Depot) Company, for whom I can arrange billets in the neighbourhood as long as the Service Battalion remains in its present camp.” 
- Court of Enquiry regarding the alleged illegal absence of Isaac Parker (16286 Pte.) of C Company.
- In the F1 sector near Aveluy. Day is quiet.
- Battalion situated in billets at Courcelles supplying carrying and working parties in trenches.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/66
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/219
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/135
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1916
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1917
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1918