|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 1 December.
- Lt-Col. Machell to Lord Lonsdale: “....greatcoats.... actually received 230....” 
- Lord Lonsdale's reply: “....greatcoat difficulty was not fault of committee but fault of contract being made with company who became insolvent and could not obtain cloth to vary out contracts.” 
- Daily returns of rations are issued to 11 sergeants and 239 men.
- Newspaper article: Killed - Sgt. Arthur Hackett.
- Newspaper article: Wounded - L/Cpl. R. Potts & Sgt. J.W. Oglethorpe.
- Battalion situated at Berteaucourt involved in training under Company arrangements. Games etc. in the afternoon.
- Deaths: Arthur Carrigan (14926 Pte.)
- Battalion situated at Wurst Farm, resting the majority of the day then, at 8.55pm, readies itself prior to attack.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/279
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/131
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/102
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November to December 1915
- Killed - Sgt. Arthur Hackett – Workington Star and Harrington Guardian. Published 1 December, 1916.
- Wounded - L/Cpl. R. Potts & Sgt. J.W. Oglethorpe – Workington Star and Harrington Guardian. Published 1 December, 1916.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1916
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1917