|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 4 December.
- Lt-Col. Machell to Lord Lonsdale: “We have been issuing your coats all day & giving out the thicker ones first - they are immensely appreciated. It really was becoming very serious. The weather has been exceptionally bad, but the health of the men is not suffering as much as one would expect – the anti-typhoid inoculation laid a lot up for a day or two, but they get over it quickly.” 
- Return of clothing and other necessaries issued to C Company, Kendal.
- 12 pairs of field glasses are received from the National Service League.
- Battalion situated at Molliens-au-Bois, engaged in lectures, inspections and physical exercises. Weather very wet.
- Battalion situated at Berteaucourt; parades for route march from Pernois – Berneuil – Domart, practicing advance and rear guards.
- Battalion moves from the line in the Westroosebeek area to 'Hill Top Farm' where hot food is given.
- At 9.30am they entrain at St. Jean Station for 'Dirty Bucket Corner,' arriving at 'Brake Camp' 12 noon.
- Deaths: John Dent (202882 Pte.)
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/279
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/62
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/73
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November to December 1915
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1917
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.