Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 15 December.
- Letter to Lt-Col. Machell from Wilson, Jesper & Co. tailors of Carlisle: “We shall esteem it a favour if you will release Sergeant Jackson from his duties with the Lonsdale Battalion at the end of this week. Our wish that he may be relieved from his duty is not dictated by unpatriotic motives but is solely due to the fact that we require him to be back to business previous to the rush which we always experience during the Christmas and New Year holidays.” 
- Battalion situated at Bouzincourt. Four platoons (left half of Battalion) are attached for instruction in the trenches to garrison of F1 sub-sector; four platoons for the F2 sub-sector.
- Captain L.B. Hogarth is attached for duty C.R.E., 51st Division.
- Two other ranks are wounded.
- Newspaper article: Killed - Private M. Timmins.
- Newspaper article: Wounded - Private Harold Pettitt.
- Newspaper article: Wounded - Signaller T. Lumsden.
- Battalion situated Berteaucourt. Route march to Pernois – Berneuil – Domart.
- Deaths: Edward Nicholas (27793 Pte.)
- Battalion situated at 'Dambre Camp' involved in training.
- Deaths: John Henry Dover (23627 Pte.)
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/29
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November to December 1915
- Commanding Royal Engineers.
- Killed - Private M. Timmins – Workington Star and Harrington Guardian. Published 15 December, 1916.
- Wounded - Private Harold Pettitt – Workington Star and Harrington Guardian. Published 15 December, 1916.
- Wounded - Signaller T. Lumsden – Workington Star and Harrington Guardian. Published 15 December, 1916.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1916
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) / Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1917