Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:10 December.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 10 December.
- The Battalion is attached to the 124th Infantry Brigade, commanded by Brigadier-General Collings.
- Situated at Molliens-au-Bois. Eight men per platoon practice in the use of live hand grenades under instruction of Lieut. Kemp (Manchester Regiment).
- Remainder of the Battalion is occupied with inspections, close order drill and short route marches.
- Battalion situated at Berteaucourt, parading on football ground at 10am with inspection by General Fanshaw, commanding 5th Corps.
- Battalion situated at 'Dambre Camp' involved in training.
References / notes
- The Lonsdales remain in the 124th until 16 March 1915, when they are transferred to the 112th Brigade, under Brigadier-General Mackenzie.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November to December 1915
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1917