- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:30 December.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 30 December.
- Battalion Orders: “complete supply of Urine tubs having now been received....and issued to Companies, O.C. Companies are responsible that these Tubs are placed by the Orderly men in convenient positions outside the Men’s quarters, each evening at Retreat. At Reveille each morning their Company Orderly Sergeant with their Orderly men will remove the Urine Tubs and empty them at the Urinals, after which they will be partially filled with clean water and stacked alongside the Urinals until required at Retreat.” 
- Strength: Privates T. Johnstone (17412), C.C. Stout (17413), T.W. Moffatt (17414), John Robson (17415), W.J. Rose (17416), Adam Brown (17417) are posted to E Company. 
- Discharge of Pte. John William Graham (15546), A Company.
- Battalion situated in the F1 sector near Bouzincourt. Special attention is paid to the repairing of trenches and construction of dug-outs.
- Battalion situated at Puchevillers, parading for tactical scheme and practising new formation for attack. Afternoon bombing etc.
- Battalion leaves 'Siege Camp' and entrains at Elverdinghe; detrains at Audricq, then marches to Tournehem, arriving at 1am on 31 December.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/?
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/135
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November to December 1915
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1917