|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 21 December.
- Enlistments: Lewis Bell (17396 Pte.)
- Lt-Col. Machell to C Company: “The proportion of 20% of NCO’s & men proceeding on [Christmas] leave by train will in no case be exceeded...” 
- Following War Office instructions fire screens to isolate burning huts were procured from Messrs. Laing & Sons, builders of Carlisle for £3 19s each.
- Western Command: “Kindly note that the official title of your Battalion is 11th Border Regiment, and should be used in correspondence.” 
- Battalion situated at Puchevillers. Some men involved in sniping and Lewis gun course; remainder parade for Battalion drill under Commanding Officer. Afternoon spent in Company training.
- Battalion situated in the front line; all quiet.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.