- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:18 December.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 18 December.
- 1259 men are inoculated against typhoid.
- Lonsdale's Alston route march: train to Haltwhistle then march to Alston, Nenthead, Garrigill, Alston for recruiting meeting. “The Battalion Ambulance with pair of horses, all presented by the Earl of Lonsdale, will accompany....carrying the necessary food, forage and blankets.” 
- Weekly denominational roll of the Lonsdales: Church of England 656, Roman Catholic 94, Wesleyan Methodists 38, Presbyterians 18, Baptists 3, Primitive Methodists 11, Congregationalists 6, Scotch Nationalists 3. (Total 829)
- Battalion situated at Bouzincourt. Right half of Battalion relieves two Companies of garrison of the F1 sub-sector; left half relieves two Companies of garrison of the F2 sub-sector.
- Lt-Col. Machell: “All will be more comfortable when our division takes over. C.O.’s are well enough off always apparently, having pretty good dug-outs and a chance of drying up, but I feel very bad about the men, and one can’t do enough for them.” 
- Battalion situated at Puchevillers. Battalion bombers parade under Bombing Officer. Remainder of Battalion prepare new training grounds.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/85
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/77
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/19
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November to December 1915
- Record of the XIth (Service) Battalion (Lonsdale) - In France
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1916
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1917