|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 6 December.
- Order is given for the arrest of Private T. Bates of 13 Quay Street, Whitehaven....deserter.
- Battalion situated at Molliens-au-Bois. Eight men per platoon practice in the use of live hand grenades under instruction of Lieut. Kemp (Manchester Regiment).
- Remainder of Battalion is occupied with inspections, close order drill and short route marches.
- Battalion situated Berteaucourt involved in training. One Company under the Physical Drill Instructor, the remaining Companies under Company arrangements. Afternoon – practicing cross country running.
- Battalion situated at 'Brake Camp.' Companies at the disposal of Company Commanders.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.