Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 12 December.
- Left half Battalion ('C' and 'D' Companies) proceed to Millencourt under Major Diggle.
- Right half Battalion ('A' and 'B' Companies), with Headquarters and Transport, proceed to Bouzincourt.
- Officers and NCO’s right half Battalion, having been conveyed by motor bus from Molliens au Bois, are attached for instruction in the trenches to garrison of F1 & F2 sub-sectors.
- Battalion situated at Berteaucourt involved in bombing instruction under Bombing Officer.
- Route march from Halloy to Canaples.
- During the afternoon, all officers attend Tactical Scheme without the troops, under Commanding Officer.
- Deaths: Joseph Matthew Earl (27350 Pte.)
- Battalion situated at 'Dambre Camp' involved in training.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.