| Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
- The Lonsdale Battalion contemplates giving a special Exhibition of high-class Boxing at the Drill Hall, Swifts Lane, Carlisle, on the evening of Boxing Day....it is hoped that the Earl of Lonsdale will be present. The Boxing Competitions recently held at Blackhall Camp have shown there is a great amount of talent in the Battalion.
- Battalion situated at Molliens-au-Bois. Eight men per platoon practice in the use of live hand grenades under instruction of Lieut. Kemp (Manchester Regiment).
- Remainder of the Battalion is occupied with inspections, close order drill and short route marches.
- Lt-Col. Machell: “It is settled that we go on for practical training, attached to old units, and then relieve them gradually.” 
- Battalion situated Berteaucourt. Map reading course under Brigade arrangements and parading for inspection by Commander.
- Major H. Ross assumes command of Battalion during Col. Girdwood's absence on leave.
- Battalion situated at 'Brake Camp.' Companies at the disposal of Company Commanders.
- Deaths: George Harry Kemp (28944 Pte.)
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/258
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November to December 1915
- Record of the XIth (Service) Battalion (Lonsdale) - In France
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1917
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.