|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 22 December.
- Lt-Col. Machell’s draft letter recommending discharge: “Ex-Sergeant E.J. Caine....Having been found to be useless as an Instructor he was appointed Pioneer Sergeant. On 12th Nov he was placed under arrest for drunkenness & was released with a warning. On 28th Nov he was again very drunk, and created a considerable disturbance in Camp. He was reverted to the ranks.” 
- Battalion situated in the F1 sub-sector. Capt C. Clart, O.C. 'B' Company is admitted to hospital.
- Capt B.C. Harrison take over command of 'B' Company.
- "The men are excellent. I am very energetic, as you may imagine, and they respond splendidly. I am quite delighted with them. They are not foolish at all, just sensible, and do their job without the smallest fuss, though the hardships for them are demandable. For us it is much better, as we can generally get dry socks and a better place to lie in…I have nothing to complain of at all. I am working day and night." – Lt-Col. P.W. Machell
- Newspaper article: Missing - L/Cpl. E.J. Bowman.
- Battalion situated at Puchevillers. Paraded for Brigade route march is postponed owing to rain.
- Battalion situated in the front line; all quiet. Captain. J. Cook Gray, M.C., and 1 other rank are killed.
- Deaths: Thomas Little (15386 Pte.)
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/23
- Officer Commanding.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November to December 1915
- Missing - L/Cpl. E.J. Bowman – Workington Star and Harrington Guardian. Published 15 December, 1916.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1917
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.