Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 17 December.
- Battalion situated at Bouzincourt. Right half Battalion relieves two Companies of garrison of the F1 sub-sector; left half relieves two Companies of garrison of the F2 sub-sector.
- Lt-Col. Machell: “All my Companies in the firing-line now as Companies attached to other Battalions, and I go out daily to see them. Am glad [?] was pleased with his glimpse of the Lonsdales. They certainly are behaving extremely well, and it is a very severe trial at first.” 
- Deaths: Thomas James Nicholson (15328 Pte.)
- Battalion situated in billets at Puchevillers. Church parade and inspection of billets by Commanding Officer.
- Deaths: William Griffiths (27752 Pte.)
- Battalion situated at 'Dambre Camp' moves to 'Wurst Farm' by train; leaves Trois Tours at 2pm, arrives 'Wurst Farm' 4pm.
- Lonsdales relieve the 2nd Inniskilling Fusiliers.
- Deaths: John C. Atkinson (28229 Pte.)