Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:25 December.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 25 December.
- Battalion situated at Bouzincourt have Church Parade. 'A' Company proceeds to billets in Aveluy where they are involved in fatigue duties for 97th Brigade Headquarters.
- Battalion situated at Puchevillers. Holy Communion at 9am and 12pm. Games for remainder of day.
- Battalion situated at 'Siege Camp' where, during the morning, Companies are at the disposal of Company Commanders.
- Battalion attends a burial service of Capt. J. Cook Gray, M.C., during afternoon.
References / notes
- Workington Star and Harrington Guardian, published 25 December, 1914.
- Fatigue duty is the employment of manual labour assigned to military men that does not necessitate the use of weaponry.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November to December 1915
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1917
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) / Commonwealth War Graves Commission