Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:9 December.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 9 December.
- Battalion at Molliens-au-Bois. Eight men per platoon practice in the use of live hand grenades under instruction of Lieut. Kemp (Manchester Regiment).
- Remainder of the Battalion is occupied with inspections, close order drill and short route marches.
- Battalion situated at Berteaucourt. Church parade and inspection of billets by Commanding Officer.
- The Lonsdales move out at 11am from 'Brake Camp' to 'Dambre Camp.' Arrives 1pm.
- Deaths: James Lomas (28951 Pte.)