|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 24 December.
- Christmas telegram from Lord Lonsdale: “Christmas greeting to you and yours and all the best of wishes. It is Regiments such as yours that are going to establish the supremacy of England for - ever and sincerely trust that this will be done as speedily as possible and that next Xmas I can congratulate you upon all success and the safety of the Empire but troops are still needed so use your collective and individual help in recruiting in the interest of the King and your country.” 
- Privates F. Moscrop (17382), D. Macdonald (13783), W.T. Armstrong (17384), F.G. Wilson (17385), T. Macdonald (17386), F. Robinson (17387) are posted to E Company.
- “The following Christmas presents have been received from the Earl of Lonsdale 1,600 pounds Plum Pudding and 1,300 cigars. Also: 1,000 cigarettes, 40 tins of sweetmeats, 8 geese, 100 Body Belts.” 
- Newspaper article: A Bit of Rotten Luck.
- Battalion situated at Bouzincourt. One officer and 50 other ranks involved in fatigue duties (erecting huts) for the Royal Engineers.
- Remainder of Battalion cleaning rifles and equipment.
- Battalion situate at 'Siege Camp' involved in cleaning up etc.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/112
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/135
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/?
- Workington Star and Harrington Guardian, published 24 December, 1915.
- Fatigue duty is the employment of manual labour assigned to military men that does not necessitate the use of weaponry.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November to December 1915
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, December 1917