|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 8 January.
- Lonsdale men are given inoculations.
- Battalion Orders including letter from the Brigadier General: “I desire to express to you my satisfaction with the inspection of your battalion today. The men are smart, well set up and soldierly in appearance, their quarters clean and orderly and the interior economy of the Battalion is good. Although owing to the heavy rain I was unable to see the Battalion at drill, I feel sure that its training, as far as it has gone, has been well carried out with good results.” 
- Invoice from Briggs Brothers of Market Street, Carlisle: “Hire of 132ft of Tabling for Dining Rooms from Oct. 1/14 to Dec 31/14 (3 Months) £2 10s.” 
- Enlistments to E Company:
- T.W. Hogg (17463)
- J. Fairlamb (17464)
- H.V. Harding (17465)
- R.E. Thompson (17466)
- A Brownrigg (17467)
- F. Scott (17468)
- Henry Roberts (17469)
- J. G. Simpson (17470)
- William Wilson (17471)
- Battalion situated at Tournehem preparing for Corps Commanders Inspection. Snows all day.
- Indoor lectures, inspection by Corps Commander is cancelled owing to inclement weather.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/135
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/279
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/47
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1916
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1917
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1918