- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:16 November.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 16 November.
- Enlistments: Thomas William Hetherington (17328 Pte.)
- Draft notice: “At the annual meeting of the Goodwin Male Voice Choir,....it was proposed and carried that Honorary Membership of the choir be offered to all men of the Lonsdale Battalion....who might wish to attend practices for singing....The National Anthems of the Allied Forces will be learnt.” 
- The Lonsdales remain in Englebelmer fitting out with bombs etc. for action.
- Deaths: Edward Glaister (27981 Pte.).
- Battalion situated at 'Road Camp' involved in training. Corps Commander inspects the camp.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.