- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:24 November.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 24 November.
- Newspaper article: Lonsdales in the Trenches - Chaplain wants Football for Them.
- Battalion situated at Boulogne rest camp involved in preparation for entraining to Longpré in the early hours of 25 November.
- Battalion moves from Hill Top Farm at 2.45pm, to Bellevue via Kronprinz Farm.
- A and B Companies relieve the support and reserve companies of the 2nd K.O.Y.L.I. C Company relieves one company of the 2nd Middlesex at Moselmack, D Company relieves one company of the 2nd West Yorks. Relief complete at 7pm with 4 other ranks wounded.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Workington Star and Harrington Guardian, published 24 November, 1915.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November to December 1915
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November 1916
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) / Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November 1917
- King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry.