- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:6 November.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 6 November.
- 5 men are recruited at Rosley; 10 men are recruited at 7 Devonshire Street, Carlisle.
- Newspaper article: Lonsdale Battalion Coming Tomorrow.
- Newspaper article: Lonsdale Battalion - New Company to be Formed.
- Letter to Lt-Col. Machell from Fred Lee of Brampton: “I hear you propose visiting Hallbankgate on Wednesday. This will be quite useless. It is Hiring Day at Brampton and all the young men from that District will be here.” 
- A letter, written by Lt-Col. Machell, is published in the Workington Star and Harrington Guardian detailing a pre-arranged itinerary for a detachment of West Cumberland Lonsdales, under the command of 2nd Lieut. W.A. Hobson. They proceed to Maryport, Workington and Cockermouth over two day period where they parade through the streets to live bands. They start on Saturday 7 November and finish on Monday 9 November.
- Battalion situated at La Vicgone taking part in Brigade Field Day.
- The Lonsdales advance from a position south of Val de Maison and marches towards Beauval, breaking into artillery formation on the way. They assault a position south of Beauval, breaking into extended order at Ferme du Rosel.
- Battalion situated in the Roubrouck Area involved in training.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/279
- Workington Star and Harrington Guardian, published 6 November, 1914.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/7
- Letter written by Lt-Col. Machell to the Workington Star and Harrington Guardian, published 6 November, 1914.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November 1917
- John Barker (15427 Pte.) date of death is listed this day in Soldiers Died in the Great War 1914-19, Volume 39, The Border Regiment and on 5 November 1918 in the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.